Problem with Nero (version 7) Vision crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

NicktheQuik

Baseband Member
I'm trying to make dvd's, and I have many times with this, but as of the last few months, Ill get this problem where I open up Nero Vision, click to make a dvd, and when I click "Add new videos/files.." it freezes. The box doesn't pop up letting me search for anything to add, it just freezes. Anytime a box is needed to pop up, like if I wanted to save, it freezes.

I've tried re-installing this before and I think it fixed it, but it's again giving me the problem.

Sounds like an ActiveX issue.. what OS are you using?.. this is where registry entrys can cause program crashes and registry cleaners actually work to fix these issues.

try CCcleaner it should fix your activeX issues.. I used to use RegCleanExpert. when I used XP actively.

Nero doesnt use ActiveX. That is mainly a Microsoft based tool which is used mainly by Microsoft applications. Nero doesnt use it at all. Nothing is stated in even the Nero Vision manual about ActiveX.

I would say that there is something underlying that is wrong. What are your system Specs? What else were you running at the time? What version of Nero were you using?

Ah, I installed the updates and it seems to be working now.

I just didn't wanna have it download updates for, certain reasons. I did it anyways though and it seems fine so far, thanks.

Nero doesnt use ActiveX. That is mainly a Microsoft based tool which is used mainly by Microsoft applications. Nero doesnt use it at all. Nothing is stated in even the Nero Vision manual about ActiveX.

I would say that there is something underlying that is wrong. What are your system Specs? What else were you running at the time? What version of Nero were you using?

Well, I have had issues with programs freezing and crashing and when I cleaned the registry most of the errors were activeX so I just tied them together..

Nik-
Glad to see you got things woking tho. bugs in the software cause that too ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom