Problem with my disk-drives

Caliburn

Baseband Member
I have been using two Disk-Drives (one CD and DVD, the other DVD and Blu-Ray) for one and a half year now, they have worked fine, untill a few months ago, where they both suddenly stopped working and i get this "Device Status":

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I have searched teh internett for solutions, but none of the solutions i find work. Im worried i might have encounterd a problem i have to ask IT-services to solve for me, (and thats a little emberassing) so if any of you have any tips...

I have been using two Disk-Drives (one CD and DVD, the other DVD and Blu-Ray) for one and a half year now, they have worked fine, untill a few months ago, where they both suddenly stopped working and i get this "Device Status":

Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)

I have searched teh internett for solutions, but none of the solutions i find work. Im worried i might have encounterd a problem i have to ask IT-services to solve for me, (and thats a little emberassing) so if any of you have any tips...

May I ask what brand of drives you have ?
When did you notice it not working ?

We could try a few things to get it to jump start.
1.For starters, lets begin by removing current driver from drives in device manager.
2.Next uninstall the drives in device manager, reboot the machine.
Depending on what you have you may need the official manufacturers drivers, not some jacked up windows generic drivers.

I am not realy sure where to find my "brand of drivers" but this is the names of the ROM-drives (ccording to device manager): ATAPI iHOS104 and HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH10L.

I am not realy sure where to find my "brand of drivers" but this is the names of the ROM-drives (ccording to device manager): ATAPI iHOS104 and HL-DT-ST DVD-RAM GH10L.

Thanks for that tidbit of information:
Internal Blu-ray Drive

HL-DT-ST GH10L DVD-R/RW Drive Firmware Update | HP® Support

Visit both of these sites and download the firmware and install one at a time.
Once done reboot to reflect each change, if it still pops up try reverting back to a previous point using system restore.
If all else fails we will attempt a registry fix, if that will not work which is unlikely you may need to invest in newer drives. :/

None of the downloads worked :( i got various error messages on both. And the next step is to revert back to a previous point, but wont that delete a lot of my content? if not then fine, but i have done a lot on my PC since that time, which i do not want to reset.

None of the downloads worked :( i got various error messages on both. And the next step is to revert back to a previous point, but wont that delete a lot of my content? if not then fine, but i have done a lot on my PC since that time, which i do not want to reset.

Relax, if you have a restore point go ahead and try that now.
If you have any recent work, move it to a flash drive.
If system restore cannot fix the issue our last attempt will be a registry fix.
Otherwise your looking into a new drive anyway. :)

I realy, just want to jump to a regetry fix, because my recent work is about 200 - 300GB, and i dont have a flash drive big enough. I also dont remember everything i did.

I realy, just want to jump to a regetry fix, because my recent work is about 200 - 300GB, and i dont have a flash drive big enough. I also dont remember everything i did.

Its alright, follow what joe said and see if it helps.
If it works out please let us know so we can make a note of it.
If not, please reply so I can offer you a better choice for optical drives if your willing to buy later on. :)

I tried all of it even a system restore, which somehow crashed my computer. Nothing worked. Are there no manual regestry fixes i can try?

Back
Top Bottom