Problem with my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethoz

Beta member
I don't really know where to post this thread, so please move it if its wrong.
Anyways, I got a major problem with my computer at the moment
I think its has something to do with my explorer.exe
Everytime I try to open a game, mp3 file, picture, program.. Anything it blocks somehow, and it says there is an error with my explorer.exe .
Can't even post a picture of it, because not even paint is working, just got to the internet with my keyboard, can't click on the internet aswell.
I really need some help here, I can't use my computer now, everything is down. If someone could post a reply here, or a private message it would be just wonderful, and if someone comes up with a guide I would be grateful (danish guide would be nice).
Thanks
-Ethoz

Can't provide you with a Danish guide. But I can point you at one good article if you are running XP as the version of Windows there. It would be helpful knowing which version is installed there.

For XP however besides using the system restore feature if that fails the repair install option is available. How to Perform a Windows XP Repair Install

The steps are easy to follow since you would simply boot with the installation disk as if you were installing a fresh copy of Windows. But instead of seeing a full install there you look to see if the option for repair of an existing copy is then seen after pressing the enter key to install Windows now.

What this does is repair install all essentials while leaving your files, folder, and even programs intact. In some cases you may have to reinstall video or sound drivers while the remaining things are left intact and ready for use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom