Problem with Microsoft Word 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Baseband Member
I have this big problem with a part of my file and it happens when i do many different things, here is one instance of it happening:

My father is even more illiterate at comptuers then i am and he somehow created 40+ numbered sentences, manually numbered that is. The first 3 are automatically created, but the rest after that are all manually as you can see. I am trying to make 4 and 5 properly numbered as an example.

So i go into bullets and numbering..

As you can see, everything from 1 to 6 is entirely deleted, and a whole page of blank space is created between them.

Can anyone explain this? It's phenomenal wtf is happening????

Seems like something is messed up with your paragraph. How are you getting the first three numbers automatically? It should just fill them in once you start it..like this

1. test[ENTER]
2. test[ENTER]
3. test[ENTER]
4. test[ENTER]

Maybe you are hitting some extra spaces or its set to double spacing or something funky? What if you try it with the differnt character like
1) test
2) test

no i tried single spacing it same thing.

yes the first ones came automatically like that but like i said my dad doesnt know what hes doing and somehow he created 40+ MANUALLY created numbered sentences. I need some way to make them all properly numbered.

IDK what u mean by extra spaces hitting.

WAIT lol i tried with the other character like 1) it seems to have worked lol thank you 4 help however i have no clue y that made difference. I would have preferred the 1. forumat.

I use office a lot, and I find microsoft word very hard to use. However I find Excel very easy to use. Do it in Excel if you have it, that's my suggestion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom