Problem with macromedia Dreamweaver MX 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizaC

Beta member
I would be really grateful if someone could help me with this! I have dreamweaver MX 2004 and my operating system is Windows Vista. When I try to copy and paste something in dreamweaver I get the following error message:
While executing DWMenu_Edit_Copy command in menus.xml, the following JavaScript error(s) occurred:
TypeError: MM.event has no properties

I have googled the above and tried following the solutions, but I can't find the file WinFileCache-7A9586CB.dat or FileCache or WinFileCache. I have been looking in c/Programme Files/Macromedia/Dreamweaver MX 2004/Configuration...I have done searches for files and I have unhidden everything!! I am at my wits end!! Please can anyone help me with this?

its possibly an installation corruption, uninstall then delete the installation directory before reinstalling.

Thanks for your help. I was hoping to avoid reinstalling Dreamweaver! Does anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks

Could be incompatibility with Dreamweaver 04 and Vista. Might have to get a updated version that is Vista compatible.

if that happens to all files then your going to have to reinstall after deleting the whole directory , if it only happens to a specific file then that file is corrupt and you must create a new page and slowly paste blocks of code into this new page from the one that's corrupt while running and testing as you go, now if DW freezes when getting this error i would open the doc in note pad and copy the code from the notepad file into the new DW file and when your done save the file (with a new name ) then close the older file and delete it.

Mak213 - thanks but I have been running Dreamweaver MX with Vista for a while now, this problem has just started today!

Zenyora - thanks for your help. The problem is with all my files....its looking like a reinstall.

Something's screwed the installation.
I could walk you through a repair, but by the time you've go through the registry about 60 odd times you could of reinstalled at least twice ;)

Do you have the disk to hand?
If so make sure you backup your settings as outlined on Adobe's website here Backing up and restoring Dreamweaver settings

Any probs let us know.
Cheers,

~ Tkey

Thanks for all your help guys. I've reinstalled Dreamweaver and I'm up and running again.

Cheers

Liza

Glad we could be of assistance. Sorry about having to use the final resort however. :(

Any futher probs let us know. We'd be glad to help out as best we can ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom