Problem with loading some setup.exe's

Status
Not open for further replies.

xXxexpertxXx

In Runtime
Hey, i am currently have some problems! i just downloaded WarRock (a game) and when i right click on it and click run as administrator the loading thing beside the mouse just keeps going around and around and the folder which my warrock installer is in freezes because the installer/setup is trying to load. Now this has happened to other program. Im wondering if anyone knows what the issue could be! i cant isntall a few things because of this..

thx

-expert

Well the first problem would be that it is not Vista compatible.

System requirements

OS Windows ME / 2000 / XP

So that is why the installer crashes. You will have to right click onthe executable>properties>Compatibility Tab>Check teh box for XP SP2 mode. See if it works then.

Plus this should really be in the Windows area. This is not a hardware issue. This is purely software related.

Well, i know its compatible for windows, atleast i think, well a few of my friends have the game on their computer which is running "Win Vista Home Basic" I am not sure whats going on. WHen i try to install Nod32 early it did the same thing.

And sorry for posting this in the wrong section

I quoted the OS requirements right from their site. So they could have done what i have suggested. Or they may haev gotten lucky. Vista Home Basic is not much more than XP anyways. So that does help.

What version of NOD32 did you try to install when it froze. I have a older version. 2.7 and it installs fine. They are now on build 3 or higher. So if 2.7 installs then any newer version should install easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom