problem loading a game

Status
Not open for further replies.

funkywaggnelz

In Runtime
OK, so I have Call of Duty 1 loaded on to my computer (windows vista). It worked fine for the first few days but now when I try to open the multiplayer it says it stopped working and closes out. I uninstalled and reinstalled and got the same thing. Single player works though.

Metal of Honor: Allied Assault wouldn't even install on Vista here while some old 2000-01 games run great! Figure that one out. Maybe they are not limited to just one version of Windows like 98-ME, 2000, XP and made the trip to Vista while others were left in the dust.

Being that Vista is a totally new version of Windows long in waiting some game and mostly applications will need newer versions written for the new version of Windows. I suspect that CoD 1 has had it's day there as far as multiplaying.

Check for a patch. there should be a patch that give it Vista compatibility. I think the PunkBuster is stopping it from working in Multi player.

CoD 4 is compatible but i never seen CoD 1 being fully compatible. It could also be your Video Drivers. Have you updated them recently?? I know that at the nVidia forums they have several topics of CoD and Driver issues.

Vista is a lot more stable then XP as far as gaming once the drivers for hardwares are working properly. Using the onboard gui for gaming is kind of limited there however. But it's probably one small software glitch or setting change needed there to see it run in the multiplayer mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom