Problem with Internet cookies

Status
Not open for further replies.

aye29

Daemon Poster
I've recently started getting error messages from some webpages that require cookies. It says that the page cannot be loaded because my browser is rejecting cookies even though I check in my browser setting and it is set to accept cookies.

For example, I cannot view categories of product at www.bestbuy.com and I cannot sign-up for AIM screen names because of this error. However not all sites that need cookies give me errors. I can still sign on to Yahoo mail even though that requires cookies.

I've tried using both Mozilla 1.6 and IE6 and both give me the same errors on the same pages.
Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks

This doesn't add up.Don't you get an option to sign in and remember me.Are you deleting all your cookies,instead of the bad guys ?
:confused:

aye29 said:
I cannot sign-up for AIM screen names because of this error. However not all sites that need cookies give me errors. I can still sign on to Yahoo mail even though that requires cookies.

I guess I should have said when I try to register a new AIM screen name here (http://dynamic.aol.com/cgi/redir?ht...egister.adp?promo=73010&pageset=Aim&client=no) I get redirected to a page telling me that my cookies are disabled even though thats not true. Same message when I try to view product categories at www.bestbuy.com.

With Yahoo, I can log in and check my mail just fine. I only mention that because logging to Yahoo requres cookies also but that site seem to work for me with no cookie errors.

Only the one in the Google toolbar and the built-in pop-up blocker on Mozilla. I try disabling it in both browsers and I still get the error.

Thats the problem i think,sometimes you need a popup.
So try browsing without or try pop-up-stopper.It gives you a choice.

aye29 said:
I try disabling it in both browsers and I still get the error.

I tried disabling it and it still does not work. And I'm pretty sure its not the pop-up blocker thats causing the problem beacuse I've been to the sites before and pages I want are not pop-ups.

sites

aye29 said:
I tried disabling it and it still does not work. And I'm pretty sure its not the pop-up blocker thats causing the problem beacuse I've been to the sites before and pages I want are not pop-ups.

Send me some urls then i will send my results.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom