Problem installing vista!

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemgem24

Beta member
my laptop had a vista ultimate edition free trial. then i installed an update from the net that required restarting. when it was shutting down, it was configuring the update, but it took so long so i decided to abort it by turning off my laptop. when i turned it on, it said that there were corrupted files and the only option was to insert a vista installation disc and choose 'repair computer'. however, i didn't have the disc back then. so i turned it off and ran ubuntu instead by using the ubuntu live disc.

i bought the vista dvd about two weeks ago and i tried to install it that time, but while the installation was in progress, it displayed this message:

"Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer.
This error can be caused by unplugging a removable storage device such as an external USB drive or CD-ROM drive that is failing. Make sure any removable storage is properly connected and then restart your computer.
If you continue to receive this error message, contact the hardware manufacturer.

Info: An unexpected I/O error has occurred"

there is nothing plugged to my laptop.

i tried plugging my USB and my phone, but it didn't work...

by the way, windows xp and ubuntu installed smoothly in my laptop, but vista, it cannot install...

i need help...badly... =(

thank you all ^^

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/windows-has-encountered-problem-218456/

You already have a topic on this. I already gave you the answer. It may not be the one you like or want to hear, but it is the only answer.

Closed.

thread_closed_1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom