A problem has been detected... Windows XP Pro Re-Install

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubFusion

In Runtime
Im having a bit of trouble with my Dell Optiplex 755. Im trying to reinstall windows, and i get through the blue Windows Setup screen where "Windows is inspecting your systems hardware configuration" and when that is completed, it runs through the "Windows Setup" checks. After thats completed it states at the bottom "Setup Starting Windows". At this point i expect it to bring me to the partition page... not this time. It brings me to a page that says "A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer." the stop code given is STOP: 0x0000007B (0x7F8D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000):confused:

Now ive asked a few of my tech buddies and they say that i should run F Disk and blow away the drive and that will solve it... But i have an inkling that it wont be that simple.

Any help will be appreciated, Thanks.

~ SubFusion

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/how-troubleshoot-specific-stop-errors-193301/

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/decoding-stop-errors-193078/

STOP 0x0000007B or INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE

Windows XP was unable to locate the system partition or boot volume during the startup process. This problem may occur after repartitioning disks, adding new disks, or upgrading a disk controller and its drivers. In that case, entries in the Boot.ini file no longer point to the correct partitions. If the error occurs after upgrading the disk controller, verify that the new hardware is configured properly. Then start your system with the Windows XP CD, log on to the Recovery Console, and use the Bootcfg command to scan for available Windows installations and repair the Boot.ini file automatically.

You can try putting your CD in a different computer to make sure its not the actual CD that's the problem.
Could also try doing a chkdsk /r in the recovery console from the XP disc on the drive.
Could try testing your memory with this: Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool
download the ISO and burn it to a disc with: The Official ImgBurn Website or whatever image burning software you have.

You sir are nothing short of a complete and utter genius. Even though it wasnt exactly your own solution, you seem to know your s***. It took you 5 minutes, what took me the better part of 2 days to unsuccessfully fiddle around with. Much appreciated, Thanks Office it worked. :)

~ SubFusion

Offices fix worked, thanks for your advice as well Carnage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom