A problem has been detected and windows has been shutdown........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spud5437

In Runtime
Ok people I have a problem with my laptop that I would LOVE some help with ;-) it was all going perfect till yesterday and now it wont boot, says during startup that a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down ……….. the normal blue screen message that I have seen a few times with my pc when having hardware problems. As I cant get the laptop to start I really have no idea what to do. I don't understand the technical info if gives so I have taken a pic and uploaded (hoping it below here lol) to see if anyone can help me out.
Any help would be great

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 99
when booting from cd it only gets about a minute into loading the windows settings before the blue screen comes up again. ?

Run MemTest86 LiveCD version for about 4 hours to see if you RAM puts out any errors.

i took out both sticks of ram and tried one at a time with still the same problem. could it be over heating when its staying going for less than a minute?

by the way just noticed it stays going longer when trying to boot from cd? could it be because it takes longer to come across the problem?

I'd try Mak's suggestion first, b/c that could either solve the problem, or eliminate a factor from the problem's causes.

It could be overheating cause you have not given it sufficient time to cooll down. So the system is already hot and you are just making it hotter. Have you given it any time to cool itself off. Like a hour or 2?

Again run MemTest. It will either solve the issue or take it out of the equation.

i ran the memtest and found no problems. dose anyone know what else could be causing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom