problem format my drive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

billybilly

Beta member
I installed a XP pro few days ago.and it made a F drive,which contain only 5gb.But my old drive is still there with the files from my previous OS which got 245gb,I cant do anything with it ,cant uninstall and more, I tried too format it and failed when it reached 100%.and I dont have the disk came with it.what sound I do?

How many physical drives do you have in your system? If you nly have one, your drive was partitioned beforehand, one of the partitions was 5GB. So when you loaded XP, rather than check which partition you wanted it installed on, you probably just hit ENTER and it installed in on whichever partition was selected.

So which partition did you try and format and how did you try and format it? You don't have the XP disk anymore?

This really doesn't make too much sense to me (IMO). So let me see if I got this right.
You recently installed xp pro to your F: ( Which was only set to 5Gb) but you have another 245 Gb in another partition.
And now you can't access the F Drive, where your xp pro is sat ?

My interpretation (LOL) is that he wanted to install XP brand new on one partition, but when he booted up he found all of his old files on the 245GB partition, and his new OS on his F drive which is only 5GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom