Problem with exporting Outlook Express 6 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2007, 11:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to DerekGoodson
Question Problem with exporting Outlook Express 6

I went to the M$ website to try to figure out what I can do... But, it told me exactly what I did the first time. When I try to export the Address book or Old emails for this customer I get a window that says that Outlook Express needs to be set as the default client. When I went into the properties and made sure that it is set as the default it was... It won't let me export anything without being set as the default mail client. Do you think that the program is currupt?

Owner of Derek's Custom Computers
www.DereksCustomComputers.com
Old 07-27-2007, 11:58 PM   #2 (permalink)
Master Techie

Send a message via AIM to Win2kpatcher
Default Re: Problem with exporting Outlook Express 6

Where did you change this setting for the default E-Mail client? I would just backup that entire identity folder..all the .wab and .mbx files should be in there...then you can just copy them of to the new machine and what not.

Old 07-28-2007, 09:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
True Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to DerekGoodson
Smile Re: Problem with exporting Outlook Express 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win2kpatcher View Post
Where did you change this setting for the default E-Mail client? I would just backup that entire identity folder..all the .wab and .mbx files should be in there...then you can just copy them of to the new machine and what not.
Do I go through the File/Export to do so? That is where I am running into problems...

Owner of Derek's Custom Computers
www.DereksCustomComputers.com
Closed Thread