problem with dvd software crashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

nige1

Solid State Member
any one know what might cause all my dvd software(interactual,realplayer,windvd and media player all to fail when loading a dvd film.dvd runs games though and i can acess the disk ok.i tried reformating and reinstalling everything which worked for a while but now the problem has resurfaced.ive tried reinstalling software and reinstalling the dvd driver...no luck.i use windows xp.geforce 1600gt graphics,sound is a sounblaster audigy2 zs.i dont know if its relevent but ive only had this problem since i had a new mainboard fitted. any help would be greatly appreciated.thanks.

sounds like a codec problem.

Lets start here: Right click my computer, select properties, click hardware tab, and then click device manager. Within device manager, click the plus + sign next to "Sound, video, and game controllers," double click audio codecs, then select properties tab. You'll see the codecs installed on your system. Starting from the top, double click each codec and you'll get a dialog box that allows you to disable the codec. Disable it and test your sounds or video. If that dont solve the problem, go back to the codec, enable it and move to the next one. Once you have found the culprit, write down its name, then try the video/sound. Your sound/video may work fine, but if your media player says it cant find the right codec, google it.

thxs Warez Monster ,i will give this a try!i will keep you posted.
also Ste my other specs are..
pentium4 3.6 assus motherboard with i gb ram
service pack 2
maxtor 7y250m0
sony dvd rw dw-d22a
thxs again

Warez Monster
ive done the audio codecs(with no result) but the video one wont allow me to disable them,just delete.any ideas?thxs

After you uninstall all those other programs, see if you can't update that one you use and update the drivers for the DVD burner.

we dont want him going looking for sony dvd drivers.....get better results with sony dvd firmware

any ideas where i can download firmware for my burner.ive tried everywhere,but i did see a review of my burner saying it was hard getting support for it as sony were not supporting it!ive emailed mesh but they take days to respond.i have deinstalled all but one piece of dvd software.does windows media count?is it an idea to delete all the video codecs,could it be a conflict there.
thxs again.what i cant understand that everthing was working fine,then bingo ,first one bit of software failed then the rest followed suit!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom