Problem during installing winXP pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolun

Solid State Member
my computer is running winXP pro, but i decided to format it.
i inserted the 6 disks, chose to install a fresh copy, ect... and it started to format. while it was formatting the drive, i left for a while, and when i came back, it was done and apparantly it restarted the computer, and on the screen it says:

Searching for boot record from Floppy A ... NOt found
Boot FAilure
INsert boot diskette into A:
press any key when ready

and in BIOS, theres only one option for first boot device, and that is floppy.

I have no idea what to do now, any help would be appreciated.

I think your harddrive failed, if it doesn't show up in the BIOS menu the BIOS has nothing but the floppy disk to search for the OS or any bootable disk.

If the harddrive was OK, everything should have gone smoothly after the files were copy to the harddrive it would reboot (you'll need to take the floopy out). BIOS will search the first device in the boot order for an OS (in your case the floppy) then if not found it will go to the second device (usually your CD/DVD drive or harddrive). Then if it finds the OS windows will start the GUI installation.

does it have anything to do with the fact that i just formatted my computer? because it was working fine before i formatted it.

No, because after formating, the installation files from the CD are copied to the harddrive, then that's when the GUI installation starts after you reboot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom