problem booting XP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

likaramuk

Beta member
Hello techs.

I am having problem booting into my XP OS. Here how the problem occured.

I have three partitions on my Hard Disk.
on C dirve I installed WindowsXP first. It booted good at this time.
Then I installed windows 2000 on my E drive, then 2000 boots properly, but when I try to boot into XP then it gives booting problem. The message goes like this

"
Startin Windows...

Windows 2000 could not start because of the following file is missing or corrupt:
\windows\system32\config\Systemd startup options for Windows 2000, press F8.

You can attempt to repair this file by starting Windows 2000.
Setup using the original setup floppy disk or CD-ROM.
Select 'r' at the first Screen to start repair.

"

and boot.ini looks like this

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINNT
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

I tried reparing keeping both XP CD and 2000 CD, but all in vain. I dont know exactly what the problem is. 2000 boots properly but not XP???

Can anyone help me out

thanks is Advance
-Lika

When you try to boot from xp it says that there was an error with 2000? but when you try booting 2000 it boots fine? crazy!

ok here is what you put:
"Windows 2000 could not start because of the following file is missing or corrupt:
____\windows\system32\config\Systemd startup options for Windows 2000, press F8."

i added underscores... what drive does it say your file is missing from? your computer may be trying to boot xp from the drive with 2000 on it. i do not think that is the error itd give you but you never know....

I tried it, but it doesnt work

ok here is what you put:
"Windows 2000 could not start because of the following file is missing or corrupt:
____\windows\system32\config\Systemd startup options for Windows 2000, press F8."

for this, it is not showing any drive. I think it is from WIndows XP partition. as XP is installed in c:\Windows folder and 2000 in e:\Winnt

When you get to this part:

[boot loader]
timeout=30
default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINNT
[operating systems]
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Professional" /fastdetect
multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(3)\WINNT="Microsoft Windows 2000 Professional" /fastdetect

Click, check all bootpaths and it will find the invalid one, then delete it

Or create a new one that is valid, i thought it was going through the wrong boot path....

does that mean im smart?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom