Problem after problem after problem!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um..one thing I dont Use the dial-up modem...I have Cable High-spped internet. And the ethernet card is built in to the motherboard. There is a dail-up modem in there, but i dont see how it could hav gotten mesed up. I neva ever used it before.

Ok as soon as I started up the computer, I new that the hard drive was doin way to much. Becuz I did want u said and delted zonealarm. So I closed out alot of stuff. The copmputer doesn't restart, well that could be becuz i closed the program that makes it do that. But It does give me the error message ova and ova and ova.. " The system has recovered from a serious error." and it created a log for it. So I went and looked for it. And this is wat it said:

Details
Product: Windows Operating System
ID: 1003
Source: System Error
Version: 5.2
Symbolic Name: ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG
Message: Error code %1, parameter1 %2, parameter2 %3, parameter3 %4, parameter4 %5.

Explanation
A blue screen (Stop error) was reported. The message contains details about the error. A matching event with Event ID 1001 might also appear in the event log. This matching event displays information about the specific error that occurred.

User Action
No user action is required.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Related Knowledge Base articles
You can find additional information on this topic in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base articles:
• Windows XP Support Center
Visit the Windows XP Support Center for links to common questions and answers, instructions, the latest downloads, and more.
• Error Message: STOP 0x00000050 (0xffffffe0, 0x00000001, 0xf30da010, 0x00000000) PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
You may experience any of the following symptoms: Your computer automatically restarts. After you log on, you receive the following error message: Microsoft Windows The system has recovered from a serious error. A log of this error has been created....
• "Stop 0x000000A5 the ACPI BIOS in the system is not fully compliant with the ACPI specification" error message when the computer resumes from hibernation
You may experience any one of the following symptoms: Your computer automatically restarts. After you log on, you receive the following error message: Microsoft Windows The system has recovered from a serious error. A log of this error has been...

(ER_KRNLCRASH_LOG ) hmm... check services again and look for inetd service, if its there disable it and see if that stops the crashing.

well i dont use surfboard...I use the Scientific Atlanta WebSTAR. Well I used to use a LexMark Printer and I sorta deleted some of it and now everytime I start up I get an error message about the LXMONITOR.dll so I just got used to that. But if I could get rid of that too that would be good. And I look and no there is no inetd service runnin.

k, as far as lxmonitor.dll if its in the dos type part just goto start/run/regedit and search for LXMONITOR.DLL... delete NOTHING ELSE or you can SERIOUSLY screw it up ;) Anyhow, I would still uninstall all the DUN stuff and the network drivers and cable modem drivers. alot of the stuff seems to point to networking. Also, disable ANY power management you have (check in the bios, too). ACPI is advanced power management stuff. for like hibernation. just disable it in the bios. and then remove that other stuff (the DUN). I think that is alot of your problem right there. Remeber, after removing the DUN restart (dont reinstall the DUN yet) and see if it causes problems. If it does then remove the network AND modem drivers. Not sure how on your system as all modems and network cards are different. Then reboot again and see if it stops. After that reinstall everything again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom