Problem with 6600GT and Windows Loading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeremy88

Beta member
Alright this seems to be a compilation of **** going wrong all at once for me. It all started in June when my CPU (then a 3200+ Barton core) fried and made my computer make a beeping noise, so I knew the problem and got a fix from my mom's work. I replaced the CPU with a 2200+, fired up the computer and everything looked great until just after the windows is loading screen. It seemed to lockup for a second on the black screen and then after roughly 15 seconds a blue screen came up very fast and the only words I could catch before the computer shut off were "beginning dump of physical memory". So with that I restarted the computer and booted in safe mode and it would load fine because the video drivers didn't load. So I did a reformat of windows hoping to solve this problem and everything seemed great, until I installed the drivers again.. the second they were installed my computer did the blue screen again and rebooted. So far I have tried the following drivers: Latest off of Nvidia site, original ones that came with CD, and some I found on Coolbits. All of these cause the computer to crash. It's been about 2 months now and the computer has just been sitting dormant until today when I set it all back up and here I am posting this.

So to sum up the problem
Windows will not boot or load when drivers are installed on Video Card, when there are no drivers the computer is fine except for the obvious fact that any video or image related material such as webpages load slow as ****. I really need some advice on what the problem is.

I took a picture of the problem that occurs and part of the error reads as this:
Code:
The device driver got stuck in an infinite loop.  This usually indicates a problem with the device itself or with the device driver programming the hardware incorrectly.

Please check with your hardware device vendor for any driver updates.

n4_disp
beginning dump of physical memory
physical memory dump complete
Any help appreciated greatly. Thanks

Well, you already know what the problem is, which is your video drivers, look for more drivers and use all of them, until you find one that is compliant with your system, and doesn't throw your computer into the infamous "blue screen of death," if you can't find a driver that works, sell your video card, and buy a new one. That's about all there is that you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom