probem with enable hibernate! please help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if copying the file from another computer would work because the hiberfil file contain information about the current status of your computer in your RAM, therefore copying it from another computer can provoke a disaster because information in another computer RAM doesnÂ’t match yours.

The problem is not because you don't have the file; the file will be created if you enable it. Therefore the problem seems to be with some application restricting this ability. IÂ’ve heard that killing off the explorer.exe would help, or do a system restore.

killing the explorer.exe seem that is not a good idea,because after killing we can't do anything except task manager..
or is there have anyway to do it ?

is there have another way to solve the hibernate problem? let's say using disk discovery ( window xp cd ) in console recorvery mode or something else related to it....

Have you udated your PC with all the current updates? The Updates that were released last Tuesday had some patches that made hibernate work correctly on some systems. There was a problem with the way it would go into hibernate which caused some problems. They have recommened people update to the most recent patches to make sure that there isnt the problem with that anymore.

So my first suggestion would be to check Windows Update and make sure you are up to date.

i just update, but it seem that don't have the patches about hibernation...
i have one question here ,, according to the guide line given with the link about repairing the window, it seem that the repairing to the system is recovering or overwrite it back sys file..but how about the other document in the local drive C , will it lost everything ? and how about the program ? anything effect with the document and program ?

The repair doesn't reformat your Windows partition, so your data would still be intact but your system files will change. You might have to reinstall some applications again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom