probem with enable hibernate! please help !

Status
Not open for further replies.

daric

Solid State Member
probem with enable hibernate! please help !

error message:
power policy manager unable to reserve hibernate file.
the process cannot access the file because it is being use by another process.

for those expert know the solution please give me a hand to solve this problem. thank you!
i had tried a lot of solution from internet but it seem that is not working.

Probably because we need a bit more information. Is this a laptop? Custom build desktop? What version of Windows?

thank for your reply..
hope you can help me..

is a labtop ,compaq presario B2000
with window xp profesional ..
i not plan to format because is a original copy ,if format i don't know how to retrieve back my licence and waste o lot of time to recover back my software...

You said you tried something on the Internet? What did you do? Did you try and delete the hyberfil.sys file and let it recreate itself?

Also, you might want to try and disable or kill any anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall/security applications.

ya but i can't find the hiberfill.sys file ...
is it located in c:window right ? i also at hidden field too
but there are someone say if can't find the file mean that it not exist in my system, i wonder, so how to do?

about the antivirus, i haven't try ,but i just use AVG antivirus no use spyware program..

You have to uncheck "Hide Protected Operating System Files" in Folder Option and the file will be in the root directory c:\

*Edit*

You might have to delete it in safe mode.

ya i uncheck the hide protected OS file alreadly but still can't see the hiberfill.sys file... i had tried a few time alreadly ...
it seem that my 1 is more headache....

Right, I forgot you didn't enable hibernation yet, so the file isnÂ’t there. Disable your anti-virus application or any security application running. It is a best practice to kill the process of the application using Task Manager.

Go to Start Menu, Run. Type powercfg.cpl

Go to the hibernation tab, check enable on it (note the part where it says "Disk space requirement...), now go to the power schemes tab, select Portable/Laptop. Now click apply.

What happen? Is the error back? Can you see the file now?

If this does not work, reboot into safe mode and try the same thing.

headache headache

it's not working,, most of the processes i tried to end using task manager and leave a few critical processes can't end .. after that i tried enable the hibernate and the message appear come back :-(

in safe mode, totally can't enable the hibernation because in safe mode don't have hibernation tab also....

i suddenly got an idea here but don't know it work or not? wanna ask your opinion. can i copy the hiberfill.sys file from other computer and paste it to my computer( maybe in safe mode ) but don't know in safe mode can detect pendrive or not? because in safe mode a minimum only processes is running.

anyway i would like to thank you for help, although my problem not yet be settle..
if later got best solution don't forget to tell me ya..

all the best ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom