probably a stupid question but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

hdansjr

In Runtime
ok, I am running Win XP home SP2. I do not have a video card, i am using the video from the motherboard. I am not planning on getting a video card for a few months. However, I ran Belarc and found that i'm running DirectX 5. I know Direct X 9 is the current now...should I upgrade to that? I did a search and didnt' find any threads saying you should upgrade, I just found threads about DX 10 with Vistas. Anyways, I just basically surf the net and run various apps and listen to music. I watch some movies. So should I upgrade?

ok i need some help...I went to the MS website and downloaded direct X 9 and now when i attempt to play quicktime files I get an error saying there is no disk in the drive and i get the choice to click canel, try again or contine. No matter what i push i get an error beep and the error comes right back up...

OK i've been searching and found that if i did a system restore to a point before I installed DX9 that it might fix the problem. However, it hasnot. I am still getting the same error. anyone know what i could do?

*edit* ok i've been messing around with everything and found out i can play a quicktime file without any error if i have just taken the video with my camera and have the file being played off of the memory disk in my photosmart printer dock. What does that mean? am i just missing something that's right in front of my face? is there a setting somewhere?

Thanks an51r...i did that and it's working now. It's just taking about 6 seconds for the player to open up and play the videos, which never happened before, but i can live with that. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom