Probably can't do this, but I'll ask anyway...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MetalOwns

In Runtime
A lot of the programs I need to run (IE: everest, coretemp, ATiTool, ect) need admin privileges to run correctly. For all these programs, I have "Run as administrator" check in the properties of the shortcut. You do, however, have to type the password everytime you click the shortcut, which gets kind of annoying. Is there anyway I can get it to run as admin without typing the password each time I launch it?

The built-in admin account is enabled, and I tried turning off UAC, but it still asks for the password. I'm running on a power user account too by the way...forgot to mention that.

Okay then that is something that is bothered by the UAC. It has to be off and stay off in order for the Admin prompts to stop. But at the same time running as the Admin will stop this as well. But running as the high level power user which you are, you will always have to input the password. That is just the design flaw of the UAC. Sorry to say.

Oh well...I don't like running as admin for everyday usage. I don't think I've logged onto the actual admin account for weeks now...I just do a lot of stuff from my power user account under admin rights.

Just kind of a hassle to type in the admin password (which is pretty long) just so I can monitor temps and such.

Thanks though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom