Probably been asked 1 000 000 times but...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike90

Beta member
I'm getting a new WINDOWS VISTA Laptop, first of all. And I have a lot of software that I'm currently using on my PC. I would like to know if Photoshop CS2 and the Sims 2, which are for WINDOWS will work on my new WINDOWS VISTA! This is probably s stupid question for a lot of you but I'm barely familiar with Operating Systems and the like. By the way I'm new here, LOL!:)

dont get vista its not fully unbugged yet as in likely to crash you should wait till the summer when they should bring out the first service pack xp all the way until then. If there are vista drivers for the programs then they will work :D

Matt

saltynay said:
dont get vista its not fully unbugged
Matt

Ok taking that advice dont get XP lol. You cant say dont get it cos its buggy thats just rubbish tbh. I have used Vista for ages and have no problems at all the only real bug that i know of is the system restore which i dont use very often anyway.

Vista is fine and i prefer it so much more to XP. Photoshop CS2 does work i use it with no problems not sure about the Sims but all my games work with no trouble so im guessing it will be fine.

my games dont work at all. i start them and i get some funky looking green then a red screen.

plz plz plz help me

saltynay said:
dont get vista its not fully unbugged yet as in likely to crash you should wait till the summer when they should bring out the first service pack xp all the way until then. If there are vista drivers for the programs then they will work :D

Matt

This is totally wrong. I have used Vista since July of 05 and i have had little to no problems since it went final. Drivers have nothing to do with applications. Drivers are for your hardware. The applications almost all work without a problem. I have found only Norton and McAfee dont work. Which is a good thing.

korky122 said:
my games dont work at all. i start them and i get some funky looking green then a red screen.

plz plz plz help me
This is a whole seperate issue. What games? Have you tried compatability mode? Have you installed all updated drivers for you GFX card? Have you installed all game patches?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom