Probably been asked 1 000 000 times but... - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 02:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default Probably been asked 1 000 000 times but...

I'm getting a new WINDOWS VISTA Laptop, first of all. And I have a lot of software that I'm currently using on my PC. I would like to know if Photoshop CS2 and the Sims 2, which are for WINDOWS will work on my new WINDOWS VISTA! This is probably s stupid question for a lot of you but I'm barely familiar with Operating Systems and the like. By the way I'm new here, LOL!

Old 02-19-2007, 03:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Patron

dont get vista its not fully unbugged yet as in likely to crash you should wait till the summer when they should bring out the first service pack xp all the way until then. If there are vista drivers for the programs then they will work

Matt

Old 02-19-2007, 03:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Quote:
Originally posted by saltynay
dont get vista its not fully unbugged
Matt
Ok taking that advice dont get XP lol. You cant say dont get it cos its buggy thats just rubbish tbh. I have used Vista for ages and have no problems at all the only real bug that i know of is the system restore which i dont use very often anyway.

Vista is fine and i prefer it so much more to XP. Photoshop CS2 does work i use it with no problems not sure about the Sims but all my games work with no trouble so im guessing it will be fine.
Old 02-19-2007, 06:38 PM   #4 (permalink)
Super Techie

Send a message via AIM to korky122

my games dont work at all. i start them and i get some funky looking green then a red screen.

plz plz plz help me
Windows Vista
Old 02-19-2007, 08:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by saltynay
dont get vista its not fully unbugged yet as in likely to crash you should wait till the summer when they should bring out the first service pack xp all the way until then. If there are vista drivers for the programs then they will work

Matt
This is totally wrong. I have used Vista since July of 05 and i have had little to no problems since it went final. Drivers have nothing to do with applications. Drivers are for your hardware. The applications almost all work without a problem. I have found only Norton and McAfee dont work. Which is a good thing.

Quote:
Originally posted by korky122
my games dont work at all. i start them and i get some funky looking green then a red screen.

plz plz plz help me
This is a whole seperate issue. What games? Have you tried compatability mode? Have you installed all updated drivers for you GFX card? Have you installed all game patches?

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 02-26-2007, 06:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Are they opengl games? Vista has poor support for opengl right now (idk if ms will fix this)

Closed Thread