Pro of media edition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexrus

Beta member
I recently purchased a dell dimension e510 which I intended on useing for extreme gaming. I was a bit surprised when I got xp media center with it. I was always under the impression that pro was better for gaming? I have an old copy of xp pro but when I install it its very hard to get all my hardware set up. The media edition detects all of them fine. My questions is this; Is there really that much of a difference in pro and media center as far as extreme gaming is concerded? I plan on extreme gaming and need the best performance as possible. How much of a difference would it make if I used media editon instead of pro? Thanks

I'm no gamer, but I dont think it matters much.

MCE is pretty cool though, try it out you could always go back to pro.

I dont notice any difference playing games on my media center laptop. It is a beast of a machine tho; 1gb of ddr ram, 3.6ghz Intel pent, 128 ATI. 17" brite widescreen. I love my baby. We record & compress tv archives.

i just got an XPS with media center runs great plus there is really no boost in preformance from pro to media center other than the fact that xp with media center is more user freindly. no dif in gaming really

So you all are sure that there is no diference in gaming performace? Sorry but I just need to make sure lol. If not, then what is the difference (besides media) of course. Which is considered better any why? Thanks

3.2ghz/2gb ddr2/256 adi x600 pcie

Pretty good, but will using pro or media center effect my sysmte performace speed? not only with gaming, but general stuff as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom