Printer Queue XP Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

oasisbhrnw

Solid State Member
Hello, i've got a laser printer problem that i'm completely stumpped on and could use some help.

The printer in question is an HP LaserJet 4200tn that is installed on a Windows XP Professional SP1 machine. The problem is, the print jobs do not leave the que once they are done. So, when the secretaries show up in the morning and turn on the computer, everything that was printed previously begins to print again. The only way to clear the printer queue is to do it manually, which is annoying.

I've went into printers and faxes and deleted the printer definition 3 times, each time trying a different driver (the one that Windows comes with by default, the 4200 pcl6 from HP, and the 4200 ps from HP). But I get the same problem each time. Anyone ever run into a similar problem or have any ideas?

I had this same problem. In the printer settings there is something called print processor I think. Try a different one.

are you using the usb port or the network one? I would try the network one as it spooler communicates with the windows printers que better than the usb one.

or you can right click that printer and select properties they have the que setting in there. I forgot how get to it though after that. I had the printer before, I traded it for a color laser okidata c5100

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom