Printer problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Arbib

In Runtime
I have just replaced a defective printer H-P OfficeJet G95 with an identical model

For a reason I cannot fathom. as a plug & play item it fails to register in Control Panel - Printers on my default "C" drive and the Hardware Wizard cannot install this hardware because it cannot find the necessary software.

Device Manager shows no driver and cannot update

I have checked prndvbr.vbs in System 32 and it is intact comparing with same version in my "D" drive

The printer is OK and works as I would expect on my "D" slave drive also with XPpro\SP2.

I have also tried updating driver from CMD but it does not work, either.

I suspect a registry error but this is where my knowledge fails

OS is XPpro\SP2

is the printer in your device manager but has a picture with the icon like it is not working or does it just not appear at all ?

Printer Problem

Monitor icon does not appear until full driver from H-P is installed. But it should show in "My Printers" and it does not.

However Windows does have an approved driver and this is what is not accessed properly. It is also impossible to update the driver from Device Manager

I tried installing the H-P driver, but the installation failed at the end of the process.

I have a secondary drive "D" on which it is installed properly, but simply it is not recognized in my default drive "C"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom