Printer not recognized

Status
Not open for further replies.

allan16

In Runtime
Hello,

I need help on this:

A friend gave me a PC with a printer that they need to setup for a business. It's not a regular printer but a printer used to print receipts.

Model: EPSON TM-U220

Here is whats happening:

I downloaded the drivers from the following site:
Download Epson TM-U220 Driver

Installed them, I rebooted my PC and the printer appears as "Not Available". Of course if I try to print nothing works.
Printer is connected to my PC via LPT1 port.

I don't know what is the problem? It should work as any other printer right? even though its used to print receipts and its not like the other ones.

I attached the logs as well as a screen shot of where it says "Not available". It is in Spanish hehe so it says "No Disponible". it means the same!

Thanks

Attachments

• printer.zip
    46.9 KB · Views: 21
Go into the Control Panel. Under Additional HArdware click on Printers. Add a new printer there for this Reciept Printer. Then it should work.

Thanks for the reply.

Where exactly is this option? If I go to control panel I have some options related to this that could be the following:

Add hardware (Tried with this one and nothing new)
Printers and Faxes.

I have tried the driver for the printer and a generic one.

Is there a way to check and see if the LPT1 port is working ok and that if maybe its being used by another printer that was previously on this PC?

Please let me know

Thanks

When you get into the add new hardware wizard choose the manually select printer. There you should be able to select the port (LTP1) and after that you should get a list of devices. There select Epson and then the model. This will force install the printer for you by giving XP all the info it needs to install the correct drivers.

Step three: Manually install the printer driver

1. Click Start and then click Control Panel .
2. Click Printers and Other Hardware , and then click Printers and Faxes .
3. In Printer Tasks , click Add a printer .
4. Click Next .
5. Select Local , then remove the check mark from Automatically detect and install my Plug and Play printer .
6. Click Next .
7. Select Port .
* Parallel connection is usually LPT1.
* USB connection is usually USB001.
8. Click Next .
9. Select Epson from the Manufacturer list .
10. Select the printer model from the printer list, and then click Next .
11. Select Yes if this printer is the default printer, or select No if it is not.
12. Click Next to continue.
13. Select No to skip the test page, and then click Next .
14. Click Finish to complete the installation.
NOTE: If prompted for a Windows disk in Step 12, do not use the disk that came with the printer, use the Windows XP disk or the recovery disk that came with the computer.
15. If prompted for a Windows disk, insert the appropriate Windows or PC Recovery disk (not the disk that came with the printer) and follow the instructions on the screen. Once the driver has been installed, it will be listed in the Printers window ( Start , then Printers and Faxes ).

These should be the detailed steps. I went thru them myself just the other day to install a HP Deskjet Printer. Which is where i got this list from.

Installing the Printer Using the Driver Included In Windows XP 

I jsut modified it for your make and model.

Thank you very much. I will try these steps as soon as I get home.
I will let you know the results.

One thing that I remember is that under the manufacturers list I selected EPSON and under Printers which is where i select the model of the printer which is EPSON TM-U220 it does not show up on the list. There is one that ends on 100 but nothing the same as the printer model that I have. I checked the same thing on my PC at work and the model does not show up. Can you look in yours and see if it shows up?

It might be that you have to manually lead the driver install to the downloaded driver. The screen where It asks you if you want the System to search for the drivers it also gives you the option to select the drivers. From there click the 2nd option and lead the hardware wizard right to the drivers that you downloaded. That should force install them.

I've tried everything now...I have downloaded every single driver there is and it would just not work....

I have a Webex account and we can do this through there? can you do it? maybe if you give me your msn or some account like that we can talk about it? if you agree send me a message.

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom