Print Screen on an .avi file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shando

In Runtime
Is there any way I can print screen an avi? There's a particular frame from an episode of Family Guy that I would like to turn into a sig(Gary the no Trash Cougar if you must know :p ), is there any way I can do this?

You could play the avi on media player then pause, then print screen and paste to photoshop for editing.

That's the thing. It won't let me do that. Try it for yourself and you'll see what I mean

lol trust me ive done this many times and the video will go away once you close out the video what i do is import it to windows movie maker and then put it on the timeline and get to the scene i want then there is a print screen button on the right where the video is being played that you can take a snapshot with.

hope that helps

I also found a way. Copy the .avi file into its own empty folder, then using adobe imageready (it comes with photoshop 6.0) Do the following:

File-import-import folder as frames-(then browse to where the folder is and click on the folder and click open)

then it gives you three choices: import whole video, import selected parts, or import every (so many) frames. Do the second one and import the frames you want. DON'T import the whole movie, because it took about two minutes to import a 20 second avi file.

Yeah I have Photoshop and Imageready CS2, so I'll try both. Thanks for the help guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom