"press A Key To Reboot" - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2004, 10:58 PM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Default "press A Key To Reboot"

I have just installed windows xp pro on my new hard drive. The installlation went good with no problems. But whenever i try to boot my system, I get a message saying "PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT". I press a key and it restarts back to the same message. This message pops up if the windows cd is not in the drive. If it is, I dont get it. I tried changing the boot sequence having the hard drive first but still i keep getting the same thing. It is a little annoying to know u have to have a windows cd in ur cd drive to boot up. Any help is appreciated

EDIT
I forgot to mention, the hard drive is not set as the primary master or watever since my old hard drive which was once for booting and now for storage is set as the master. Would that affect it.?

Old 10-31-2004, 11:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via Yahoo to intercodes

Sometimes formatting problems may also lead to the booting errors.Did you create an active partition while formatting your new Hard Disk?
Also try connecting you hard disk as master [thou it is not a problem having it in slave]

Old 11-01-2004, 12:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: "press A Key To Reboot"

Quote:
Originally posted by runescaper
I have just installed windows xp pro on my new hard drive. The installlation went good with no problems. But whenever i try to boot my system, I get a message saying "PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT". I press a key and it restarts back to the same message. This message pops up if the windows cd is not in the drive. If it is, I dont get it. I tried changing the boot sequence having the hard drive first but still i keep getting the same thing. It is a little annoying to know u have to have a windows cd in ur cd drive to boot up. Any help is appreciated

EDIT
I forgot to mention, the hard drive is not set as the primary master or watever since my old hard drive which was once for booting and now for storage is set as the master. Would that affect it.?
Your installation did not go well. boot to your xp cd, format,reinstall
Closed Thread