Preparing to configure windows (stuck)

gtrizy

Baseband Member
Laptop was running fine today, got an update so it restarted itself and all I got was Preparing to configure windows and a loading circle for a half an hour. Tried Safe Mode and system restore which didn't work then lastly I found a solution that got me back onto my laptop at least.

Safe Mode -> msconfig -> untick Load start up + disable all non-microsoft services

The problem is my laptop is now so as tar and I can't restart it or it re-installs the updates, restarts and I'm back to looking at Preparing to config windows. Also my scroll bar on my pad stopped working, dunno if that's related though.

Running windows 7 professional

Anyone able to help? thanks in advance.

Anyone? Still not found a way to fix it but using it with the only option of avoiding the update by postponing it every 4 hours.

I was in the control panel earlier looking at the windows updates that are causing the problem, If I uninstalled them and tried again would this make a difference? Can't say I've ever uninstalled one so I don't know what would happen.

Can you identify which update is causing the issues by installing them one at a time?

Tried System Update Readiness Tool today too without any luck. These are the updates that are causing problems.

Untitled.jpg

Tried System Update Readiness Tool today too without any luck. These are the updates that are causing problems.

Install the updates manually one at a time. You can do that by searching for the KB# next to the update on Google or Microsoft's site.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TechForums

Trying to figure which one it is now, it takes so **** long starting and restarting then I've to wait 20 minutes each time before I can use control panel...

Is your machine older, like pre windows 7? Or is it a Genuine copy?

A year old since Monday, genuine copy.

Trying to figure which one it is now, it takes so **** long starting and restarting then I've to wait 20 minutes each time before I can use control panel...

Such is the life of troubleshooting multiple Windows Updates ;).

I've been where you are. What I usually do is download all the ones that said they've failed ahead of time. And then one at a time install to figure out which one was the culprit.

Back
Top Bottom