PowerPoint Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancer player

Baseband Member
Hey everyone!

I need some help with a Microsoft PowerPoint presentation. I have a presentation that plays music throughout the whole slide show and I need to make copies of it via burning a disc. However, when I burned the disc only the presentation plays, but no music plays. I also burned the music file onto the disc, so it is not like it is missing the file. Am I doing something wrong? It works fine on the computer that I used to create the presentation. Please help me out.

Thanks!

You can try this:
1. Delete the sound from your presenation
2. Copy the sound file to the same folder as your presentation's been saved to.
3. Re-insert the sound to your presentation
4. Save your presentation

Usually in powerpoint only WAV files are directly embeded when adding sound, other files like mp3 are linked.

Thus when moving or burning, the links are broken.

As long as you put them in the same folder as the powerpoint file, the links will usually not break. But you first must have it in the same folder before you insert it into the powerpoint slide.

Re:

brinks said:
You can try this:

Usually in powerpoint only WAV files are directly embeded when adding sound, other files like mp3 are linked.

As long as you put them in the same folder as the powerpoint file, the links will usually not break. But you first must have it in the same folder before you insert it into the powerpoint slide.

...Yep.

I've ran into this problem before.

I would always have the inserted video and sound files in the same directory of your .ppt file. That way when you can transport the whole folder to a different storage medium, while preserving media links.

brinks said:
You can try this:

I have done this but when I view the presentation on an other computer the song does not play and they are in the same folder. Could the problem be that the other computer does not have Powerpoint, but only Powerpoint viewer?

ppt-to-video

i`d advise you to convert your presentation to video file & then you`ll be able to use this file as you need, for displaying, saving on dvd, web casting, etc. i usually use a ppt-to-video converter by geovid.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom