PowerPoint and Multiple Monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeRuler99

purveyor of fine cheeses
Hello,

I'm trying to set up a PowerPoint projection system in my church. Currently we have one PC that we use to operate the slides and it is connected to a projector. But the circumstances have changed and we will now be using a laptop, because we need t be able to use 'Presenter View'.

Now I have managed to get it to work... sort of. I am able to use the projector and the laptop monitor to display two different things, but for some reason the laptop is being made to be screen 2 and is displaying what we want projected, and the projector is screen 1 and is projecting what we want only the laptop operator to see on the laptop screen. :confused:

So does anyone know how to switch the two screens, so the projector is screen 2, and the laptop is screen 1? I've tried but can't seem to get it to work. Any help would be great thanks!

go to display (right click desktop > properties > settings) properties and there should be two monitors showing like this

image008.jpg

drag the second monitor into the first position. im not posotive if this works but im about to go get another monitor from one of my other computers and test it out ill let you know if thats what your lookin for.

EDIT: by draging it and pressing apply i was able to switch the order of the monitors.

Cool, thanks for that. Let me know how you get on with testing it, because I won't be able to test it at church until next week.

If that doesn't work, would you have any other ideas?

does the pc there use an nvidia card?

EDIT : another question when you have it set up how does it behave the way i have it set up right now i have windows open and have a slideshow going on the other monitor and i am able to move my mouse to the left (in mycase with the primary monitor first) and i am able to move my mouse to the other monitor is that similar to the way you have it?

The PC we're using is old, and I have no idea what it's got. However, my laptop (which we're testing this new system out on) has an ATI Mobility Radeon 9000/9100 IGP graphics card in it, if that helps.

If I can get this to work, I'm going to either sell this laptop to the church or convince them to buy a brand new one.

another question when you have it set up how does it behave the way i have it set up right now i have windows open and have a slideshow going on the other monitor and i am able to move my mouse to the left (in mycase with the primary monitor first) and it will show up on the other monitor is this similar to the way you have it set up?

Yeah, that's what I can do too, and that's what I wanted it to do, but for some weird reason the primary screen is being projected, and the secondary screen is showing up on my laptop screen. I have no idea how they got mixed up like that.

so the windows interface is displayin on the projector and the powerpoint is on the laptop monitor?

Unfortunately, yes, that's what is happening. That's why I came here to see if anyone could help me because it's got me stumped.

ok assuming thats the case here is what you need to do

1. control panel > display > settings (as seen in the screenshot)

2. click the screen on the right making sure "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" is selected

3. check the "Use this device as primary display" and click apply

4. now click the monitor on the left and uncheck "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" and click apply

*** at this point the monitors should be switched and you should see only one monitor. ***

5. now click the monitor on the right and check the "extend my windows desktop onto this monitor" again and press apply DO NOT check the "Use this device as primary display" and your done.

let me know if that works im intreseted to know how it turns out.

I CAN ALMOST %100 GUARANTEE THAT THAT WILL WORK :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom