Powerpoint movies

Status
Not open for further replies.

j3dimindtr1cks

In Runtime
Hey i got a movie from Xbox 360 to put on my powerpoint for class and it works on my computer and all but when someone accesses from my website the only thing that does not work is the movie.....I want the movie to work so i get the points but it is not working. What do you need to do to have the movie work on other computers like off my website.....my site is http://astro.temple.edu/~tua22525..... click CLASS then WOWZERS! ....this is my powerpoint it is on slide 9 the movie that is....THANKS A LOT GUYS and GIRLS

Re:

Hello,

Borken link :confused: ...

...did you upload the video file to online webspace, and reference it to your PowerPoint presentation online?

Yea the movie file is linked to the file on your c: drive and I would think you would need to put the file on the server then link to it in powerpoint

i have the powerpoint in my web folder as well as the movie clip i just dont know how to get it to not read off my computer and read from the powerpoint

you have to point it to the file on the server.

Normally, you would want to create a file structure for your site and all the content that is in it.

i dont know if you need special tags for power point, but you would want to enter the code that points to the directory that the power point is stored in.

im going to look and see how ppt is added.

wait, your saying that they can see the power point, just not the movie?

If thats the case, just change the path of where the movie is.

You need to replace, c:\blahblah\path\blahblah, to rootofserver\whateverfolderthemovieis\themovie.avi(or mpg, or whatever.)

ok I have my video in my 55610web folder... which has all my files including my powerpoint... now my buddy who goes to Juniata and is like the best programmer there told me i may be able to hyperlink it withing powerpoint or something since it is not embedding it in my ppt... basically the problem is they see the ppt but not the movie because the movie is not being read... I put the movie on the ppt from my 55610web folder... please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom