Powerdvd on Windows server 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nelson57

Beta member
I have windows server 2003 on another computer that i have...I installed powerdvd and there were no problems during the installation etc. Everytime i insert a DVD to watch it the computer stops responding and says that "the program has performed an error to send error report to microsoft click here" I have 4MB of ram i think this might be the problem but i used to have windows 2000 professional on that same computer and i was able to watch dvds so my question is if powerdvd is compatible with windows server 2003 or if it's the video card?? Im new to this so i'm confused!

It sounds like there is a problem with the spftware. It is probably an issue between 2003 and PowerDVD. I know from past experiences (When i used Advanced Sever 2000) that not all sofware that you can use on XP or 2000 Pro you can use on a Server OS. A Server OS is made for exactly that to be a server not your everyday OS. My suggestion is to uninstall the software and try Divx or something. If you dont have to use it to watch DVD i wouldnt since it is a Server OS and not really made to do things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom