Powerbook G4 video output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qiranworms

Fully Optimized
Do the Powerbook G4s have regular video output that will work with any regular display? I ask because I know someone who is considering a Powerbook (a switcher! :D ) and does many presentations at many locations, and therefore needs compatibility of Projectors. I'd also like to know if they will get along fine with a Dell 17 inch LCD. Thanks.

Edit: Now that I think about it...this probably should have gone under hardware...but maybe it's not significant enough to matter.

There is no "it". By that I mean no specific monitor. What I am asking basically, is if the Powerbook is easliy compatible with normal displays and projectors, including Windows designed ones. Thanks.

Depends on the Powerbook model.

Ill cover all of the ones on market now.

12 inch Powerbook: Has a mini-DVI connector. Comes with an adaptor in box to use with a VGA monitor and another adaptor to use DVI. Max resultion on second display: 1600x1200 analog, 2048x 1536 digital.

15 inch powerbook: Full sized DVI port built in. Comes with a DVI-VGA adaptor. Max resultion on second display: 1600x1200 analog, 2048x 1536 digital.

17 inch Powerbook: Same as 15 inch.

All support both mirroring (same image on second display. Image only capable of being mirrored at the resolution of the primary display) and spanning (extends desktop space over to second display).

http://www.apple.com/powerbook/specs.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom