Power saver mode to enter after certain amount of time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawnskeel

In Runtime
My desktop is in my bedroom, and I have a magicjack connected to it, so the computer needs to be on like always in order to receive phone calls. I was wondering if I could have the system go into like extreme power saving mode after an hour or two of not using the computer. I haven't really looked into this yet, so if the answer is obvious, I apologize, but I do not recall any real power saving features built into Windows 7. I'd like want to have the GPU use just enough to function, the cpu do the same, and then my room would be much quieter and cooler.

Have you enabled SpeedStep?

I have always used AMD, so I know it as Cool'n'Quiet. Reduces my CPU's power by 60%, which allows for the PWM fan to slow down to a **** near stop. Since I use an ASUS board, my BIOS settings for enabling the PWM fan adjustment is Q-Fan.

I'm not sure what/if there is a function like that in Gigabyte motherboards, but EasyTune 5 will allow for you to control the RPMs of the fans.

EasyTune 5

EIST and C1E should both be enabled on your PC for max efficiency.

Also, you can set your computer to turn off certain devices after a period of time to save power (e.g. network cards, hdds, etc)

Right click on the desktop>Personalize>Screen Saver>Change Power Settings>Select Plan to High Performance. Edit the Plan Settings. Have it turn off the display afer your preferred amount of time. Set it to put the PC to sleep after the amount of time you wish.

This is the built in power saving feature. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom