Possible virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitschej

Baseband Member
I have a computer that I have been working on that is acting weird. I am at my wits end. The computer is running windows xp. I cannot get into control panel, windows or the internet in normal windows but I can get into everything in safe mode. I have run 8 different virus scans and none of the scans are picking up any viruses. I have gone thru the registry and thru msconfig. There is nothing in either that I can find that is unusual. I have tried turning everything off and booting into normal windows with the same results. I have run mcaffe, norton, spybot, AVG, Panda and others and nothing. I have also tried to install over the top with no luck on fixing normal windows. I have been working on this problem for about 4 days. I know it is not the Sasser virus but I cannot figure out what the problem is anymore. Any hints would be great at this point. Thanks for any help in advance.

Have you installed any new hardware lately which might have caused this problem?

No New Hardware has been added. When I click on Control Panel, My computer, or Internet Explorer, it shows the hour glass for a few seconds, then the desktop icons disappear, then re-appear, yet my computer, control panel or internet explorer does not open. I can do all of this in safe mode with no problems. It is just when I access these in normal windows that I can't open it. I even tried in diagnostic mode and still cannot access these. Any other suggestions, I have ran every possible virus scan and it does not find anything. I have ran a spyware program, but still no luck. Yet, to me it acts like it is a virus.

I hope that this helps

No new software was install or removed. The event viewer shows nothing. This problem has got me stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom