Possible to Move OS to another Drive ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k20a2typer

Baseband Member
Hey all.. I am building my rig and about to install the Windows 7 OS to my mechanical hard drive. I am getting a SSD in a couple weeks. Is there a way to use the same copy of windows 7 to move the boot info from the hard drive to the SSD or will I need to have to buy another copy of windows 7. If thats the case I will just wait to get the SSD.

Since it is the same system you will be able to just reinstall Windows and have it activate. If you cant do it over the internet for some odd reason, it will give you a toll free number to call India, sorry but that is where this particular help desk is located, and when asked tell them that you replaced the hard drive in the system and they will give you the access code to activate Windows.

Since it is the same system you will be able to just reinstall Windows and have it activate. If you cant do it over the internet for some odd reason, it will give you a toll free number to call India, sorry but that is where this particular help desk is located, and when asked tell them that you replaced the hard drive in the system and they will give you the access code to activate Windows.

Good thing I can speak hindi and punjabi

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom