Possible to have external HDD boot up after Vista boots?

Status
Not open for further replies.
lol i was on their site last night and that music kicked on after being there for a few minutes. Scared the SH*T out of me!!!! LOL

edit: Yes that is where I looked previously. I'll go home soon and double check but I am about 95% sure no removable items are listed

I checked. No removable devices showing. Only Boot1 and Boot2 which are SATA and IDE.

Must be a Vista thing I need to disable, idk. Just odd. When booting up I will see the green loading status bar before the windows vista logo appears and the time frame between that is much longer when my 2 external usb HDD are attached. If I turn them off it boots up with in seconds.

EDIT: I found this thread via google and I am not the only person with the problem. Seems to be a mobo related issue possibly, with Vista.

I read the whole thread and only one solution was listed. I will try this:

Well, I have Vista and I connected the My Book to a pci-USB expansion card instead of the onboard USB slots and it no longer shows up in my bios as an available boot-up device and now everything works fine. No longer hangs Vista during boot up and only takes about 20 seconds to load into windows. Definitely had to be a bios related issue for motherboards made pre-Vista. Something with bootable USB devices does not work properly.

Here is the thread: Vista slow boot with USB external drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom