is it possible to configure outlook 2000 with yahoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

godai73

Baseband Member
Is it possible to configure outlook 2000 with yahoo and hotmail? I assume if Outlook Express can, then MS Outlook 2000 can too, but I can not figure out how to do it.

I tried also, but Yahoo being free and all they want you to keep coming back to there site to retrieve your email. I contacted yahoo and NO, they do not provide the POP3 and SMPT availability to get your email. As for Hotmail, I don't know, never messed with it.

I've sinced just used the email account provided by my cable ISP and have no problems with Outlook 2000 getting my mail from them

godai73 said:
Is it possible to configure outlook 2000 with yahoo and hotmail? I assume if Outlook Express can, then MS Outlook 2000 can too, but I can not figure out how to do it.

There is a way to do it. When my PC was on-line, i used a freeware called Yahoo POPs - do a google search for it. It works fine on my PC - W2K OS.

OE and Outlook will automatically retrieve messages from your Hotmail account as long as you set up correctly. No need to install any freeware.

Like Lone Wolf said, OE will automatically get your Hotmail account. I've never had any luck getting Outlook to retrieve my Hotmail messages, but I've never tried that hard, so there is probably a way to do it.

The Screensavers did a article not too long ago about using Outlook or OE to get your Yahoo Mail. I'll do a little looking, and see what they were doing for that.

Edit: Will have to look tonight. SurfControl is blocking my access here at work.

*sigh*

OK, here goes attempt #2:

Like i said earlier, you can download Yahoo Pops - it's FREE as in nada, zero, zippo, zilch.

You can get it here.

OK PEOPLE, THE LONE WOLF IS TRYING TO TELL YOU THE ULTIMATE SOLUTION! IT WORKS, I'M USING IT TOO! STOP SUGGESTING THE PAYING SERVICE FOR YAHOO.

people just don't want to read other posts.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom