Possible to Change Prog in Disc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finkstone

Beta member
I am not a techie so gotta ask a question - I paid $299 for software and it installed on my PC's but not my Mac The mac has some problem starting it. I figured it was because I installed it already on the other PC's but then was like, dhu- why a product key then and how could you change the prog on the disc to detect multi-installations.

So , I can re-sell this disc and get few bucks back or is there some freaky tec thing I'm unaware of where I cant hock this off cuz it wont install?

Thanks!

If it requires a key or activation you are probably limited to how many times it can be installed and activated. Your best hope would be to call them and tell them you got a new computer and need to reinstall the software. Selling the disk would be doing the buyer a disservice because he couldn't activate the product.

No you cant just re-sell it. Cause you already used the serial for your install. If they try to isntall they will get a error message saying the serial is already in use. So they go to tech support and try to get it activated and cant. Cause you already have it.

Then what if you PC crashes? You have to format and isntall? Then not only would you be ou thtis program bu thte Serial as well. Even if the person you sold it to did get the serial to re-activte you couldnt then re-activate it. If you PC had crashed. So either way you would be our your $300.

Sorry to say but that is the point of BUYING software. Is to own it. If you didnt like the price of it. You shouldnt have bought it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom