Possible to Change Prog in Disc? - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2007, 10:51 AM   #1 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Possible to Change Prog in Disc?

I am not a techie so gotta ask a question - I paid $299 for software and it installed on my PC's but not my Mac The mac has some problem starting it. I figured it was because I installed it already on the other PC's but then was like, dhu- why a product key then and how could you change the prog on the disc to detect multi-installations.

So , I can re-sell this disc and get few bucks back or is there some freaky tec thing I'm unaware of where I cant hock this off cuz it wont install?

Old 08-29-2007, 11:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Repeat Offender
Default Re: Possible to Change Prog in Disc?

If it requires a key or activation you are probably limited to how many times it can be installed and activated. Your best hope would be to call them and tell them you got a new computer and need to reinstall the software. Selling the disk would be doing the buyer a disservice because he couldn't activate the product.

Change the world. Of one person. Today.

If your equation requires either a complex combination of variables to get the desired result OR you can't seem to get the result regardless of the variables....it ain't your variables, it's your constant.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:32 AM   #3 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Re: Possible to Change Prog in Disc?

No you cant just re-sell it. Cause you already used the serial for your install. If they try to isntall they will get a error message saying the serial is already in use. So they go to tech support and try to get it activated and cant. Cause you already have it.

Then what if you PC crashes? You have to format and isntall? Then not only would you be ou thtis program bu thte Serial as well. Even if the person you sold it to did get the serial to re-activte you couldnt then re-activate it. If you PC had crashed. So either way you would be our your $300.

Sorry to say but that is the point of BUYING software. Is to own it. If you didnt like the price of it. You shouldnt have bought it.
I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread