Popups Everywhere!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rescan and put a check next to each of these then close allbrowser windows and click "fix checked"

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {FDD3B846-8D59-4ffb-8758-209B6AD74ACC} - (no file)
O
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [TkBellExe] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Real\Update_OB\realsched.exe" -osboot
OTDVDDet.EXE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UpdReg] C:\WINDOWS\UpdReg.EXE
O
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [ContentService] C:\WINDOWS\System32\winservn.exe

O4 - Global Startup: Updates from HP.lnk = C:\Program Files\Updates from HP\137903\Program\BackWeb-137903.exe

Then when completet reboot into safe mode and delete "C:\WINDOWS\System32\winservn.exe
"

yes as mobo pointed out winservn.exe is very bad, i believe it is purity scan and ya that'll give hella pop ups

I HAVE HAD POPUPS ON MY COMPUTER WITHOUT BEING ON THE INTERNET TOO.

One day I wasn't online and got about two popups, my cable modem was not even on, and this struck me as an extremely odd thing. So I looked for things that would cause a popup to work without being online.

The first time, when the modem was on, and I was not connected to the internet, I thought it was weird, but possible, because of the internet connection, cable, always connected wheather IE is running or not.

The second time, the modem was off, the popup came up and said it could not connect to the server and the site could not be displayed. I then found out that a program that actually saved onto my computer was trying to ping the internet and get online, and display a popup, from my computer, insted of from the internet. I then went to add/remove programs and removed two programs, and removed two programs, one with a $, dollar sign symbol, can't remember the name, and the other I don't remember.

Removing both solved my problem.

I assume you have tried looking in, and removing erraneous programs, but if you have not, you need to. Another thing you need to do is download a good firewall, such as Norton Internet Security, or Zone Alarm, or whatever suites you, and set yo programs access, and see what all programs to, or not to access the internet, and make sure only the programs you know what are, access the internet, inwhich case, set all other programs to ask you before the firewall allows access to the internet.

I hope this helps, I was surprised to hear that ad-aware did not fix the problem. Zone Alarm has so far blocked all popups from my computer, try it if you have not already, then again, it could be the sites you, or your friend are visiting*.

Hope this helps,

Blake

Your popups were a result of messenger and the firewall closed hose outside ports hence stopping access..Quite a common thing really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom