Popup blockers

Status
Not open for further replies.

24giovanni

Banned
Does anyone know of any free popup blockers that will block all popups? If so, can you please tell me the names of them. Thanks in advance.

I don't know about all popups but "Hitware Popup killer light" will block allmost all of them, I only have a popup every so often, and for some thing ezer to use try the google tool bar. It has a good one to.

Id say Opera... it has that option... also i believe in IE settings theres an option, but u gotta dig to find it

Yeah Id agree, Opera is cool. But if you prefer using IE and your an XP user, download SP2, this has the most effective Pop Up killer I have ever seen.

You can configure the options in your IE tools menu when an IE window is open.

- ZED :p

Or just get the free Mozilla Firefox.

It has that built in. Easy. Apparently the IE in Service Pack 2 has it as well, but I haven't bothered trying it...Firefox is faster, more secure, tabbed browsing, extensions, I could go on and on...

no browser versus browser posts now, please. just give your backed up opinion of what works best for popupkillers and not why some program or browser or other is crap.

--jak

Firefox works well Ill give it that, but sometimes I cant recomend telling a user to switch browsers. Google toolbar works well for stopping pop-ups and a program called Spyware Guard is also great at blocking small hijack attempts. It will prompt you if your start page has changed and will ask if you want to keep the old entry or the new entry. Not bad stuff at all. theres my $0.02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom