Plz Help! Very Urgent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dannymccann88

Beta member
Hi. i recently had a problem concerning xp. my computer reboted itself, yet halfway through loading up xp, i get a blue screen telling me about an unmountable boot volume. so, not being able to access my computer at all, i completly formatted both of my hard drives using another computer. this means that i also couldnt look for help on the net, but now looking i find that this could have been fixed hours ago really easily. anyway, i reconnected my hard drives and allowed the system to start. except, the monitor now appears dead (i.e. it just sits with a black screen) and for some reason there is a light that doesnt normally appear on my case. The green light for power is on, the chip fan is spinning etc, but next to my reset button a yellow light stays on now. i cant help thinking that i have completly wrecked my computer so could anyone plz help me? if it helps, my specs are:
AMD AthlonXP 1677Ghz
azus A7V333 motherboard

and yes i tried to put the xp install disk in the drive while it was rebooting but it failed to install properly (this was before theblack screen appeared). plz plz plz help... :( :( :( :eek:

i have found out that the light that always stays on (apart from the one meaning i have power) is the hard drive light. i disconnected the hard drives and the light continually stays on as it does when they are connected. the hard drives are completly empty (formatted both). cannot access BIOS because the computer doesnt load enough to be able to access it......

no, what he meant was if you could test the ram on another computer to see if it is still good or not. it sounds like you reconnected the hard disks incorrectly after you formatted on your other computer.

did you reconnect the hard disks exactly the way they were before? make sure all the cables are securely connected, and that the IDE cable are connected properly to the hard disks by looking at where the red stripe is on the IDE cable. and make sure you have reconnected the 4pin molex power connectors back to the hard disks.

if the computer cannot detect any hard disks that is the reason you cannot install any operating system on it. and probably the reason you have a yellow hard disk light always lit on. and might also be the reason you aren't booting enough to access the BIOS

whoops also forgot to tell you, one of your hard disks may have completely failed. if none of the suggestions i offered works than try testing each hard disk individually on your computer to rule out the possibility that you have a hardware failure.

check the video card as you could have dislodged it somehow and that is why the monitor wont come on -make sure it is tight in the slot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom