Plz Help. Very Frustrating. Crawling Startup Speeds

Status
Not open for further replies.

rakoom2002

Baseband Member
I have an AMD Athlon XP 64 3700 2.2 GHZ Processor with 3GB of Ram. My computer is pretty fast, but just recently the startup has been sooo slow. i switched my log in screen to the classic with the autmatic login about two months ago and everything was fine tell about a week or two ago. When i start up my computer it will get to where its time to load the desktop and the log in dialog box will show up and it will finish and then this is where it should load all my startup programs and desktop icons, but it just loads my desktop background picture and then wait about 45 seconds to a minute and it will make the windows startup music and then wait about another minute and then it will start to load all my desktop icons and startup programs. I have tried al most everything. I have ran AVG antivirus about 10 times with updated defiinitions, ran ad-aware, ran spybot search and destory, registry mechanic, ccleaner. I have listen to other suggestions. I have gone into msconfig and removed all startup items, and even tried to remove uncessesary start up services from there as well. NOTHING works. I am desperate but I dont want to reinstall XP, I have had to so many times already this year and will only do it last resort.

XP operating system with 3GB of RAM what for...

If you've already made sure your startup processes are to a minimum or fully disabled...I am not entirely sure what could be causing it...may be a hardware issue if the OS is clean and fast to boot apparently...

i think its someting with the startup services, because if I disble them all it will speed up but subquently if I do that i cant get online...it just started recently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom