pls help: formatting problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

sally5908

Beta member
Please help if you can:

This morning i formatted my hard drive.... it was being sluggish and was full of junk so i thought that id clean it up before i started back at uni... all was fine, and i reinstalled all the drivers etc fromthe cds that my laptop came with. But now i have a small (well i hope its only smal) problem....
before i formatted it, my laptop got its internet connection through my wireless router... but now it wont even pick up the connection at all... and i cant find any info about how to set it up again

also, when my laptop boots up now, it wont start up until i click enter, as there are two options that say something like "Windows XP home editition", there is also a countdown time that says it will choose for me if i dont click within 30 seconds...

any ideas?

Thank you,

Sally

you need to install the wireless/motherboard drivers for your laptop, i don't know if you have any (if they came with the laptop)

Thanks for the reply, but it didnt come with any.. is it possible to find them on the net if i have the specs? and save them to a cd?

Try going to control panel/ network and IC/ network con/ right click on lan / then repair. U should be able to solve through netwok in control panle or u may have to call your isp.

Do you have centrino? Windows should automatically find the drivers for you. The 30 seconds option, just go to your system icon in the CP, startup and recovery, and set it to 0 and you wont have to wait 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom