please system specs - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Software > Microsoft Windows and Software
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2004, 09:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
Banned

Default please system specs

If you ask a mechanic something about your car, would'nt you tell him what kind of car it is?

Old 09-22-2004, 09:59 PM   #2 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Nope, I like to live on the edge. Just kidding, I agree one hundered percent. Another thing is when someone writes that certain specs are not necessary, well if you took the time to tell us they are not necessary then you can take the time to post them plus they may be necessary, so just include it anyway.

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Old 09-22-2004, 10:06 PM   #3 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by killians45
Nope, I like to live on the edge. Just kidding, I agree one hundered percent. Another thing is when someone writes that certain specs are not necessary, well if you took the time to tell us they are not necessary then you can take the time to post them plus they may be necessary, so just include it anyway.
We have had our different opinions, but thank you killians45
Old 09-22-2004, 10:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

np when your right, your right

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Old 09-22-2004, 10:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Banned

So what I'm saying is,no system specs,no post. save alot of BS
Old 09-22-2004, 10:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

people just dont think. that would like me telling someone "Hey I need you to go out and get me a say.... fuse and not say what its for or what its rated or what kind of fuse. Ridiculous. Well, back to programming this CIMplicity crap.

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Old 09-22-2004, 11:03 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by killians45
people just dont think. that would like me telling someone "Hey I need you to go out and get me a say.... fuse and not say what its for or what its rated or what kind of fuse. Ridiculous. Well, back to programming this CIMplicity crap.
Here we go again, CIMplicity crap. I have never known a programmer that wasn't an *******. Are you mad at the world or just mad at me?
Old 09-22-2004, 11:09 PM   #8 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

lol, sorry didn't mean it to sound like that. I think ya might of misunderstood. CIMplicity is by GE Fanuc. Its a programming language that I had to learn. Uses PLC's and points. I went to school as a network engineer and got hired to work on the networks PLUS had to learn programming and dread having to work on it. CIMplicity is used mostly for factory networks. Setting bits (vitual or real points) and extracting data from them. I guess I'm just not used to CIMplicity, but if ya ask me the name CIMplicity is misleading Anyhow, sorry about that didn't mean to sound mad or anything, but guess it'll get easier as I learn the ins and outs of CIMplicity.

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Old 09-22-2004, 11:11 PM   #9 (permalink)
Banned

ok
Old 09-22-2004, 11:21 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

anyhow, sorry about that am guessing you thought I was saying this stuff was to simplistic for me or something. unfortunatley its actually called cimplicity and seems anything but simple sometimes. There ARE something I like about it, like some of the interfaces and making it easier to accomplish a few things, but seems like alot of it is also backwards to what I would think. ESPECIALLY trying to communicate between VB6 and CIMbasic. SQL is easy to talk to, thankfully whew, time for me to go home. Got to love a job, though, were I have time to do stuff like this!

I am not a fast writer.
I am not a slow writer.
I am a half-fast writer.

-Robert Asprin
Closed Thread