please please help i don't know what to do!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cafshere

Solid State Member
Hi everyone, i have been battling for nearly a fornight with this problem and really hope someone can give some help, the hard drive has been formatted and the correct partitions have been made but when its starts copying files needed for set up the computer stops responding and there are three coloured blocks with letters in randomly across the screen please help any and all advice would be greatly appreciated before i go completely bald from pulling my hair out!!!:angry: :(

What OS are you trying to install?

Sounds like it's trying to copy the files form the I386 folder on your disk. If you know your dos, you can copy them yourself, or do a search on Yahoo! for "XP boot disks". There are 5 of them that copy over all the needed info and will bypass that part of the install.

you could try copying the cab file to the harddrive and installing it off of the hdd. Sometime i have seen that will work. I would also unplug in un-need external devices like printers, scanners, etc. but you boot the the me cd start the computer with cdrom support
Assuming the harddrive is still clean
after each line hit enter
Type c: (or what ever drive you want to install windows on)
Type md win9x
Type d: (or whatever drive your cdrom is in)
Type cd win9x
Type copy *.* c:\win9x
After it copys the files
Type c:
Switch over to the win9x dir. by typing cd win9x
Then type setup

This may work it is worth a try i guess

sometimes you think Windows ME is designed to have problems

If this happened to me I'd go and get Windows XP

when 98 decided to stuff up (again) on my computer i got XP Home, I would have gotten Pro edition if i knew more of the differences, but it's a lot better than 98 or even ME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom