Please need some URGENT help ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

arames

Beta member
Hi everybody and thank you in advance for helping me out.

I was tryping an email with my Outlook, I must have typed some keys, and now I have instead of the ENTER the sign "¶", instead of the space I have "." ... the whole layout looks messy.

Example the sentence should look like

"We should get back to your offer very soon.

Thank you"

now I have

"We.should.get.back.to.your.offer.very.soon.¶
¶
Thank.you¶"

--------------------------

How do I turn this off? How do I get this back to normal ?

Please help :(

Thank you again in advance for your reply

I'm using Outlook 2007 but 2003 shouldn't be too hard to work out from this.
Open up a new email as if to write to somebody. In 2007 you click the "format text" tab and then there is a lil ¶ that you have clicked in which is making the symbols for ur spaces and paragraphs. In 2003 i don't know as i havent used it in a while but just look around for the format text section.

Those are formatting symbols...I would look for a section under formatting that says display formatting symbols or something along those lines.

I don't think those sybols should show up in the e-mail the person gets. those are just so you can see what the paragraphs look like. at least that is how it is in ms-word. i think you accidentally clicked the show/hide button.

here's how you do it in ms-word

show or hide formatting marks by clicking Options on the Tools menu and then clicking the View tab. Under Formatting marks, select or clear the check boxes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom